LEARN A WORD A DAY

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summary - PMR

PMR 2007
Dear Editor,
     I am writing this letter to express my appreciation to all Malaysians who had made my visit to Malaysia a meaningful one.
    Upon reaching Kuala Lumpur International Airport, I took a taxi to Kuala Lumpur city.  The taxi driver greeted me with a warm smile and showed me to his taxi.  He was also kind enough to recommend places of interest that I should visit in your country.
    Over the next few weeks, I travelled around the country.  I visited Melaka, Pulau Langkawi, Pulau Redang and Genting Highlands, just to name a few.  In Langkawi, I had the opportunity to be with the locals and also enjoy home-cooked dishes.  I was truly touched by their friendliness and hospitality.  It was a wonderful experience!
    What I found unique about Malaysia is the way people of different races and religions live peacefully as one.  I noticed this from the way Malaysians celebrated their National Day.  Clearly, the way everyone came together is an excellent example of tolerance and understanding.  This is what Malaysia should highlight to the rest of the world.
    Let me say ‘terima kasih’ to all those who have made my stay a memorable one.  I will definitely come again and I would also promote Malaysia to all my friends back in England.

Andrew Jacob
Write a summary on why Andrew’s visit to Malaysia was a memorable one.
Your summary must:
  • not be more than 60 words, including  the 10 words given below.
  • be in continuous writing (not note form)
  • be written in one paragraph
Use your own words as far as possible without changing its original meaning.  Begin your summary as follows:
    
Andrew visited Malaysia and he was impressed with Malaysia because…..
Let us try this using what I have thought you....
  1. The nouns are Andrew, Malaysia and a memorable one  
  2. The difference here is just that the 10 given words could not be found anywhere in the text. But, the question is..." Andrew's visit to Malaysia was a memorable one" is the same as "my visit to Malaysia a meaningful one.
  3. So, after that... that is in paragraph two onwards.. you could find the points.
  4. I refers to Andrew, Kuala Lumpur city refers to Malaysia and The taxi driver greeted with a warm smile refers to a memorable one...
  5. So...try to find more points...usually there are more than 5..List them down before you summarise the text..
  6. Remember... it is a letter/ recount.. you will have to change the pronoun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Collection of SPM English Language Question Papers

2005
Terengganu Trial [Paper 1]

2007
Johor Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2] [Answers], Melaka Trial 2007 [Paper 1] [Paper 2], TIMES [Paper 1] [Paper 2] SPB [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2008

Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2],
Trial
MRSM Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], SBP Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kelantan Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kedah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Johor Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Perlis Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sabah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sarawak Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Melaka Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2009

Terengganu TOV [Paper 1] [Paper 2] Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2]
Melaka Trial , Johor Trial , Sabah Trial , Kedah Trial , Perlis Trial , Times , SBP , Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]