LEARN A WORD A DAY

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Flipping Fantastic: The Tristan Crisis

Tristan:

Mum just asked me if I really want to go to Chesterlea Grange! Is she joking? Of course, I don't want to! I want to go back to Peter Hill. It's safe there,and friendly and everybody knows me.The thing is, when I went to Chesterlea Grange on the Open Day,it seemed so much fun. I liked the horse-riding,swimming and wheel-chair games best.Every summer, they hold an event like the Paralympics.They have archery contests,wheelie marathons and basketball tournaments. I've never had the chance to take part in sports like that.


James has always been the one in our family who's good at sports.I'd really like it if it was me for a change.


Now, I 'm confused! I don't know what to think. I told Mum that I didn't want to go to Chesterlea Grange anymore. What have I done? I bet that right now she is fixing for me to go to Highfileds with James! (Pg31)

This passage is very important in this story.

It tells us the conflict that Tristan is going through after telling his Mum that he does not want to go to Chesterlea Grange. He reflected on the comfort of Peter Hill Primary that he is used to and the people who knew him. Peter Hill was safe and friendly. He felt nostalgia here.

He then reflected to the Open Day at Chesterlea Grange and all the physical sports and events he would be able to participate. How he longed to be a sportsmen of sorts like his brother James.

He is very confused of what he wants. In a way he regretted telling his Mum about his decision not to proceed to Chesterlea for his secondary education.Was he too hasty in doing so. He is now afraid, his mother will be enrolling him at Highfields. Has he prompted this move?

We all know that Tristan finally knew what he wanted for himself. He prioritized his needs and became matured and realistic. He knew why his mother wanted him to go to the special school. He recalled her determination to push him to do what he is capable of doing. Chesterlea Grange could be the platform for his independence from home, James and his disabilities. Chesterlea Grange has his first love drama and will actually help him to actualise in amny other ways.

Once Tristan confirmed his decision to go to Chesterlea Grange, then things started to fell into place and it was a happy ending for him,James and their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Collection of SPM English Language Question Papers

2005
Terengganu Trial [Paper 1]

2007
Johor Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2] [Answers], Melaka Trial 2007 [Paper 1] [Paper 2], TIMES [Paper 1] [Paper 2] SPB [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2008

Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2],
Trial
MRSM Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], SBP Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kelantan Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kedah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Johor Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Perlis Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sabah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sarawak Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Melaka Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2009

Terengganu TOV [Paper 1] [Paper 2] Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2]
Melaka Trial , Johor Trial , Sabah Trial , Kedah Trial , Perlis Trial , Times , SBP , Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]