LEARN A WORD A DAY

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Write a story beginning with : “I wish he would give me a second chance..”

I wish he would give me a second chance but I could see in his eyes that he was not going to. He was just too angry to see reason at all.

It all started this morning when I asked him to teach me to drive. It was a beautiful Sunday morning and surprisingly he had agreed. All this while he had refused to teach me to drive as he said I was too young. So I couldn’t be happier today. I was already imagining myself buying my own car to take Sarah, my sweetheart on long romantic drives.

So, dad got into the co-driver’s seat while I got into the driver’s seat of his brand new Toyota Vios. He went over all the buttons, levers and pedals with me carefully. Of course I did not tell him that I had already learnt to drive my friend Tom’s old manual car for a few months now. However, I was unable to get my license, as I had not reached the age limit yet. But next month, I shall celebrate my 18th birthday and I needed to convince dad that I was ready to drive.

As I pushed the auto gear into drive position, dad cautioned me to step on the gas pedal gently. I thought to myself, that was peanuts! I was very confident that he was going to be impressed with my driving skills. But I was unused to an auto car and stepped on the gas too hard.

What happened next just happened too fast. The car lurched out of the garage, straight into mom’s flowerpots. Unfortunately, my feet got confused between three-pedaled manual car and two-pedaled auto car. Instead of stepping on the brake, I just kept stepping on the gas. As the car flew out of the driveway, I heard dad shouting like a madman beside me. Suddenly he pulled the handbrakes and the car did a 360-degree stunt turn and stopped just inches from my neighbour’s gate. Luckily we were not hurt. I nervously peeped at my dad sideways. He sat very still, his face livid. I knew I blew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Collection of SPM English Language Question Papers

2005
Terengganu Trial [Paper 1]

2007
Johor Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2] [Answers], Melaka Trial 2007 [Paper 1] [Paper 2], TIMES [Paper 1] [Paper 2] SPB [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2008

Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2],
Trial
MRSM Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], SBP Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kelantan Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Terengganu Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Kedah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Johor Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Perlis Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sabah Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2], Sarawak Trial [Paper 1 & 2], Melaka Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]

2009

Terengganu TOV [Paper 1] [Paper 2] Terengganu Mid Year [Paper 1] [Paper 2]
Melaka Trial , Johor Trial , Sabah Trial , Kedah Trial , Perlis Trial , Times , SBP , Pahang Trial [Paper 1] [Paper 2]